Job Description – Senior Programme Manager
- The senior programme manager (“SPM”) operates with autonomy and has the gravitas and authority to front client relationships on a monthly basis with only quarterly input from director. The SPM has established an outstanding reputation and track record of client service.
Required skills and experience
· Successful management of client campaigns on a monthly basis with only quarterly input from head of practice
· At least 5 ½ years experience in agency PR
· Superb client relation skills and service delivery ability including total campaign ownership
· Track record of achieving a high degree of client satisfaction
Effectively managing clients’ budgets from month to month
- Co-ordination of pan-European accounts
- Development of several detailed PR plans/proposals without support
- Management of team members with evidence of mentoring and successful development
- A strong presenter able to attend credential meetings and make a positive impact
- A solid network of Tier1 press contacts
- Proven writing ability of press releases, by-lines and case studies
- Management of a speaker programme
- Spearheading a specialist media event such a trade show, roundtable, or press conference or interactive initiative
- Commissioning client research and organized appropriate showcase for results
- Execution of media tours with trade and business press
- Having “presence” – able to sell and convince with good communication skills
- Organised with attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Self motivated and taking ownership
- A team player with nurturing and mentoring tendencies
- Strategic thinking
- Building rapport and relationships – getting on with people
- Not accepting second best from self or team – always looking to achieve improvements
- Ambassador for Hotwire
- Highly supportive of line manager and practice objectives
- Consistency in performance
- Positive attitude around team/clients/media/office
- A doer as well as a manager
Key result areas
- Effective management of a client portfolio. This will be done by the following client management activities:
o Taking day to day responsibility for campaigns with only quarterly input from director
o Delivering outstanding levels of client service
o Implementing agreed plans
o Meeting deliverables and quality standards
o Thinking ahead within campaign timelines
o Monitoring team’s time
o Keeping line manager apprised of major account activities; alerting management of any client problems or situations
- All client campaigns strategically and proactively led by the following activities:
o Developing and using strategic planning and creativity skills in planning client programmes and addressing client issues. These plans to be done with limited input from director
o Managing client expectations.
o Suggesting alternative activities to clients so that monthly WIPs are met, and thinking beyond WIPs.
- Effective management of team members working on portfolio accounts, by:
o Getting the best out of the account team
o Fostering professional growth among account team.
o Giving instruction and guidance in public relations skills (e.g. strategic thinking, writing, media contact, client relationship building etc.)
o Doing 1 – 2 executive workshops per year.
o Informing management of any major account team situations. Work with management to resolve those problems.
- Increasing Hotwire’s revenues by the following activities:
o Begin to take a proactive stance with clients in order to offer additional services and/or programmes.
o Begin to take an active role in new business efforts; identify new business opportunities (in area of speciality, if appropriate); take a leading role in new business presentations; begin to write new business proposals.
o Take an active role in agency networking activities or in team development.
o Be an active member of at least one professional organisation.
- Effective business processes resulting from:
o Managing all accounts for profitability.
o Managing account billing process and staff time allocations reporting to practice lead/ account lead.
- Being a leading edge PR consultant by:
o Demonstrating mastery of public relations skills, specifically writing, media placement and public relations planning.
o Continue to gain knowledge and expertise in these areas.
o Continue to develop individual skill-set, whether it be related to a technology, industry or PR skill.